Reply To: Why do they do that?!

Back to Forum

Poshgirl58
Participant

Ian – can sympathize and I’m only 5′. I’ve experienced opposite where I could not reach button for floor I wanted, luckily other person in lift was taller and obliged. My rant about lifts is the two-way opening ones, if you’ve gone up in it then surely you can remember which side you entered/exited. Hand dryers also annoy me, not warm enough/too high/too low. Hands have usually dried long before Airblade decides to work.

Mr Michael – you reminded me of the milk pots, which are also impossible to open without spilling. Also the foil lids on flight meals, cuts from those not pleasant. You are so right about queuing women and mobile phones.

My rant for today is check-in staff who try to find something wrong with your hand luggage, although bag is correct size/weight with no additional supermarket carrier bags. Asked at LHR to show bag, comment made “that looks heavy, you’re not going to put anything else in it are you?”. My reply “you can weigh it if you wish”. That was declined so why make that comment and not follow it up. A few purchases were added and no problem at gate.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls