Reply To: The Ten Commandments for Avoiding and Managing Lost Luggage

Back to Forum

pdtraveller
Participant

I have lost my bags twice and these were both total losses and never recovered. On both occasions it was with BA and both were direct point to point flights with no transfers. On both occasions neither BA not my insurers at the time fully compensated for the loss.
More recently it has been the inconvenience of delayed bags but I find that they have been returned within 24-48 hours.
I also now have Amex insurance to protect me from such inconvenience and it has worked really well on the one occasion it really mattered.
I can and do accept that delayed baggage is a fact of life however what I find really unacceptable ( no matter the class of travel) is not being advised either inflight or immediately upon arrival that my bags have been mishandled.
Given the requirements to reconcile bags with boarded passengers and the automated system in place this should be accomplished as a matter of course. To be left standing at a carousel till the last bag has appeared simply adds insult to injury.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls