Reply To: The Ten Commandments for Avoiding and Managing Lost LuggageCreate Topic

Home Forums Frequent traveller Tips to make life easier on the road The Ten Commandments for Avoiding and Managing Lost Luggage Reply To: The Ten Commandments for Avoiding and Managing Lost Luggage

SSTBeliever
Participant

Practical help please!! I arrived on BA10 from SYD on 15/12 in F and a GC holder. One of my bags was badly damaged (which I have to say has never happened to me before) and I duly reported it to the BA baggage Officer who gave me a reference number and told me to call Customer Service and Sales on 08444930787 later and they would advise me what to do. I duly did this and was told to ring Antler on 01617625005 (apparently Antler deal with all BA passengers damaged bags). I rang them and was told that BA had not uploaded the information to them yet but they would chase BA to do so on my behalf and call me back when they had the relevant information. Nothing heard so I called back on 17/12 to be given the same story and profuse apologies. I then called the BA baggage tracking number on 08444930785 and went through a number of recorded messages telling me to report the damage online and I would get a Reference number that I already had before the line cut out saying they were very busy!! Hmmm now what to do – tried the ECGC number to be told they didn’t have a clue what to do and given the Baggage tracking number again. Friday evening by now so gave up for the weekend and went through the same process on 20/12 and 23/12 and again today to no avail. I need my bag replaced to travel on 10/01/11 but at this rate I will still be in an infinite loop and no-one to speak to who can help!! Not what I would call good customer service to a regular F passenger – BA are in danger of losing my business and that of my two GC working children but I don’t suppose they give a damn and all because a simple computer upload has not been made. Any advice gratefully received!-apart from marching into Waterside and blocking the Ops Room door I am running out of ideas!