Reply To: Hotel room keys

Back to Forum

Bunnahabhain
Participant

Yeah I’ve had the expiring key issue too. I wonder if it’s just a date keying in error by the receptionist at check in, or do hotels sometimes only validate the key for 1 night / 24 hours for some security reason?

The other common one I fall for is where you need the room key to operate the electricity, then leave without it. Ok if you have 2 room keys but some hotels will only issue 1 if you’re on you’re own. I know others use credit cards for the electricity slot, but same problem applies if you then go out without that when it comes to the bill in the restaurant. Guess one idea would be to keep the room key from the last time, which seems to be good security advice on other threads anyway, and use that for the electricity.

Can we fix up whoever designs hotel rooms to have our issues (see other thread about what men & women want / don’t) put to them – by Jeremy Paxman!

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls