Reply To: When, where and who gets business class company travel?Create Topic

Home Forums Frequent traveller Frequent Traveller When, where and who gets business class company travel? Reply To: When, where and who gets business class company travel?

RichardB
Participant

With my previous employer (Nokia in Finland): economy class for everybody regardless of the duration. Meeting with a customer in Australia? You will fly economy.
There was an exception in that if you go immediately from the airport to a meeting with a customer then business class was allowed although I knew of nobody who ever did this, you would be requested to fly a day earlier. There was notionally an exception of travelling more than 100 days/year got you business class but when I reached that level I was told it would still be economy so they did not follow their own policy.
My current employer (also in Finland in the telecoms sector): economy for everybody regardless of the distance.
I have not heard of any employer in Finland agreeing to business class and since Finnair don’t have premium economy then that is not mentioned in travel policies here.
I suspect the same is true for most companies in the Nordic area (economy for everybody regardless of distance), doesn’t the owner of Ikea even fly economy himself.
The swedes have a word for this concept of “in moderation” – lagom. And I think it applies to business travel also.