Reply To: When, where and who gets business class company travel?Create Topic

Home Forums Frequent traveller Frequent Traveller When, where and who gets business class company travel? Reply To: When, where and who gets business class company travel?

TiredOldHack
Participant

Ours is economy, managed by budget rather than policy. Long-haul you can ask for premium economy, if it’s cheap(ish). That’s for us Indians, anyway. The Chiefs get biz or even first.

I made an arrangement with our brass, as most of my travel is long-haul (South America, China, Asia), and said I was too old, too crotchety and too stout to squeeze myself into an economy seat for long hauls, and said I’d cough the extra and simply claim for an economy ticket. They agreed ( as well they might).

That sounds like a sacrifice on my part, but I’ve discovered that if I book a long time in advance, and do the various dodges we all know, then J travel needn’t be that expensive. In fact, when you factor in the Avios earned and what they get you in terms of free flights, the extra ‘cost’ shrinks remarkably. So a lot of personal travel comes off Avios, in premium seats. And I haven’t even mentioned the tier points. Those make personal/family travel nicer, as well.

Interestingly, a couple of colleagues have done the maths and are now doing the same, as well.