Reply To: When, where and who gets business class company travel?Create Topic

Home Forums Frequent traveller Frequent Traveller When, where and who gets business class company travel? Reply To: When, where and who gets business class company travel?

JohnHarper
Participant

The entitlement fluctuates but I think in a different way to what others are describing.

At annual performance review all things are looked at and staff put into one of three bands which are silver, gold and platinum. They determine a number of things about your work in the coming year including what sort of car you might have, the hotels you might stay in and the class of travel you are entitled to and the size bonus you get.

Generally the only people in the silver band are people who’ve been with us less than five years. They are developing and achieving. I think anyone in the silver band after five years would probably need to seek their fortune elsewhere.They are entitled to economy class travel regardless of the length of journey and accommodation in a Mercure or Novotel or similar unless there is a reason for the hotel to be upgraded e.g. client meetings. Travel must be on Star Alliance airlines unless there is no practical alternative but which airline is up to the employee. Within Europe if there is no *A carrier for shorthaul e.g. LON-AMS then Easyjet is the second choice.

Anyone in the gold band gets business class travel on any service they use and they get to stay in Pullmans or similar. Travel must be on Star Alliance airlines unless there is no practical alternative.

Anyone in the platinum band gets business class on shorthaul and first on longhaul again with Star Alliance carriers unless there is no practical alternative. Hotels are Sofitels or similar.

It’s very rare that people drop a band and for instance if someone was sick and off work for a significant period of time they would not lose out in the following year.

Anyone away for seven days or more can take their spouse or partner along in the same class as they are entitled to travel. PA’s always travel in the same cabin as their boss if they are accompanying.

As the CEO owning 65% of the shares I can travel as I like and generally take Mrs JH along with me. We generally stick to the *A policy and like Sofitels too but I do some travel with QR and CX.