Reply To: When, where and who gets business class company travel?Create Topic

Home Forums Frequent traveller Frequent Traveller When, where and who gets business class company travel? Reply To: When, where and who gets business class company travel?

Bath_VIP
Participant

kweeki1, +1 re the fact that your company’s policy is irrespective of seniority. I find that concept very offensive and it doesn’t apply in my company. As an owner & MD, what’s good enough for me is good enough for all employees.

The idea that frequent travellers should be allowed higher class of travel vs infrequent travellers is an odd one to me though I understand its logic. The issue is a financial one since the frequent traveller will account for the bulk of the company’s travel expenditure. If you need to reduce the travel bill, addressing the frequent traveller’s costs will have a much larger impact than further limiting the infrequents’. I would have thought the marginal cost of dispensing with this requirement would not be that high.

My policy for travel not funded by clients is to set a budget for each trip and then allow the traveller to choose whichever option suits them within their budget. The starting point for me is the fully flexible economy fare plus allowances for transfers, hotel and food to arrive at the trip budget.