Reply To: Where has the Club World service gone?

Back to Forum

canucklad
Participant

Some really balanced comments.

Rferguson’s point about home market passengers being more critical is as relevant and balanced as why BA continually win BT awards.

KarlMarx makes a valid point about diminishing product levels in CE and BA’s tolerance to him jumping ship to Swiss, balanced against continuing usage by others.

Eselle’s hype versus actual delivery versus value for money is a conundrum that all companies face, and you have to say BA manages this expertly .

To me, all the above contributions are linked. I think the BA bashers are driven by frustration, and the sense that, as an organization our national carrier could be doing so much more to deliver and properly compete. Yet , if you’re business orientated you must congratulate BA’s team on delivering a profitable airline into the chaotic IAG family.

For me, BA’s management team are managing a precarious fine line between profit and loss whilst juggling/spinning many plates involving eselles/KM’s and other BTer’s expectations. The trouble is I firmly believe there is an over confidence in their leadership team and if the consequences of dropping those plates come to the fore I’m not sure they’ll have the nuance or skill to recover from their high risk business model.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls