Reply To: Where has the Club World service gone?Create Topic

Home Forums Frequent traveller Frequent Traveller Where has the Club World service gone? Reply To: Where has the Club World service gone?

TimFitzgeraldTC
Participant

Hi RFerguson

CX are now 5 times day to HKG from LHR (and 4 times weekly from MAN) so they have a massive schedule yet as you say – when I look at GDS BA flights are busy and often selling higher yield tickets. And quoting on routes where they do have competition it is amazing how many times people do take BA over cheaper alternative options which have nothing to do with route deals – all down to choice and the Power of Avios.

Interestingly DL to the US used to be a lot cheaper with UA than BA or VS. But since the tie up with VS, VS is now in charge of pricing for VS and DL and the Premium fares have gone up dramatically, leaving UA as the cheapest option now on many routes. Just a case then of not getting the Old UA 777 on a route in Business!

I did fly to SFO with BA in 62B (CW) back in September 11 and whilst the hard product is what it is – the service was very good. They had no qualms in offering an extra cheese plate (I had said not to worry if someone else needed / wanted it as I was on an free upgraded ticket so to make sure anyone else is properly catered for first). It wasn’t a problem and crew were very friendly and had a chat for 90 minutes with them in the galley which was illuminating. I do feel for the likes of rferguson who work ruddy hard and have such a poor environment to work in. When the days comes that BA does upgrade its product then I can service improving as morale might improve and finally cabin crew might hopefully have something to be proud of.