Reply To: Where has the Club World service gone?

Back to Forum

KarlMarx
Participant

rferguson – 09/01/2015 08:54 GMT

IMHO, BA, by historical fortune acquired the majority of slots at an airport that has been a licence to print money for the last 20-30 years due to its position/connection possibilities and this provides a barrier to entry for competitors. Most business people will prefer to take as direct a route as possible and this has served BA very well.

I’m not an airline expert, so I do not know how long this position is likely to last and whether potential substitutes like Amsterdam, Paris and Frankfurt are likely to be able to steal much market share.

BA obviously employs some very bright people and I am sure they have a well thought through strategy based on their analysis of the market.

I guess the question is whether there are any (business) environmental factors or disruptors that could impact on their strategy and damage it.

Having seen the changes in Club Europe, I have moved to Swiss as I no longer rate the product as being worth the price tag, but it will take some time to assess whether the increase in density will be a good business move or a faux pas.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls