Reply To: Where has the Club World service gone?Create Topic

Home Forums Frequent traveller Frequent Traveller Where has the Club World service gone? Reply To: Where has the Club World service gone?

CXDiamond
Participant

If I fly with BA long haul it is as a last resort and I tend to use what they call first and expect what others would offer as business class and still tend to leave disappointed. Fortunately I haven’t had to use it in the last year.

In terms of what is offered as long haul business class the hard product is long out of date. Singapore Airlines have introduced three new business class products while the current BA offering has remained current which puts into perspective how old it is.The same is true in F, I haven’t seen Etihad’s new F yet but until I’m convinced otherwise SQ F is the best there is. BA are still the only airline who failed to introduce a new premium product on the A380, such a lost opportunity.

As for BA food, well it’s awful in F so I would probably prefer not to eat in C. I don’t know of any other airline where you so not get your first choice in F but on BA it is common which is another example of where it is really a C product and a substandard one at that. Is it true that it’s pudding or cheese in C? Which moron invented that one? No doubt the result of customer research where no one knows anyone who was asked.

Seating density has been talked about here before, VS have the same number of seats in the nose of a 747 as BA do, VS call it C, BA call it F. Other airlines who have F in the nose of the 747 like LH have eight seats where BA have fourteen. Yet again, BA F is substandard and five years after introduction of a few tweaks marketed as new first it’s still not on all the planes.

Yes, people keep buying BA and to a point they have a loyal following perhaps from people who have never tried the alternatives, after all if you believed BA was the best around you really wouldn’t want to risk things being worse with an alternative airline however I would suggest that anyone trying the competition on almost any route would be pleasantly surprised.