Reply To: Where has the Club World service gone?

Back to Forum

seasonedtraveller
Participant

rferguson – I realise that you are not a BA apologist. I have always read your posts with interest given that you are employed by BA. My best mate was a BA Captain for many years until retirement & even he didn’t have much good to say about “modern day BA”). However, to answer your question above;

There are many reasons, which include but by no means an exhaustive list;

Departure airport (for example with BA I can travel from LBA)
Arrival airport
Departure and arrival times
Transfer times and connections
Ticket price – many of us have to show best value & have annual travel budgets – when BA have a sale on it’s a big incentive to book with them & our travel Manager makes us VERY aware of this.
Colleagues choice of route / airline
Colleagues arrival time at destination
Alliance benefits
Company benefits
Plus, some sort of misplaced loyalty which I can’t even explain myself 🙂

And, just having read your last paragraph, the answer is no, I’m very sure you don’t enjoy what BA has done recently, to devalue the experience (including removing earplugs and shades which make NO sense to me whatsoever) – I know it cant be easy for you.

They’ve even removed the flower from the loo’s……. what next, Izal hard toilet paper or perhaps the cut up used newspapers that were the staple of outside toilets in the 1950’s….

PS – I’m on BA295 on Saturday – hope it’s a good one.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls