Reply To: Where has the Club World service gone?

Back to Forum

seasonedtraveller
Participant

To add a slightly different perspective – for 20 years, I worked for a company who’s travel policy was to use Star Alliance carriers & therefore, I was top tier with SAS, BMI & Lufthansa for many years.
The travel policy was economy for all flights – although I managed to use BMI ‘Gold upgrade vouchers’ a few times across to ORD.

I never had the opportunity to fly my National airline, BA (despite the fact that my best friend was a BA Captain out of LHR).

When I joined my present employer, the travel policy was much more open & I genuinely looked forward to getting Gold with BA. I got to Gold within 6 months and got 3,600 tier points in my first year (all economy or premium economy & all with BA).

I am still a relatively new flier with BA (3 years now at Gold) and have just retained Gold within a 3 month period & will probably get offered the fabled GGL status very soon since I now travel in CW.

I am still Diamond with SAS (double Gold tier requirments).

So, I guess my point is this – having actually looked forward to flying with BA for a good number of years, I find it to be a very disappointing experience overall even when compared to say, USAirways on the same route.
This really troubles me because I honestly thought BA were ‘La creme de la creme’ rather than the ‘sour milk’. experiences of late.

We have a chioce, I know, but I don’t want all my eggs in the Star ‘A’ basket.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls