Reply To: Why no silent zones in Business Lounges?

Back to Forum

Bunnahabhain
Participant

Here’s hoping we can keep this thread on topic – I’ll probably regret suggesting otherwise in an hour’s time, the way things seem to be going today! Must be the shock of summer weather.

We’ve had a few threads over the years on similar themes of unwanted noise and distraction from our fellow customers in lounges, first class cabins etc. Predictably everyone who responds agrees that the “I’m so important” brigade are behaving inappropriately when they ought to know better. I would like to see the debate on here with those who feel that these ultimately public areas are in fact perfectly reasonable for holding meetings, conference calls etc, and others should tolerate that. Unlikely to happen as it’s hardly the PC opinion, but it would be good to have some constructive debate – without it being personal of course.

In the meantime, perhaps we can all agree that the announcement culture has got well out of hand. Can’t see it improving, in fact only getting worse, presumably all under the auspice of assisting special needs customers. East Coast did once run a survey on it, at least they recognised there is an issue, however the outcome was certainly not the Benedictine end of the scale that I yearned!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls