Reply To: Best and Worst Travel Moments – 2010

Back to Forum

Bunnahabhain
Participant

Will start with my worst – surely the failed forum posters’ meeting at the end of November, having been on a high throughout the year (a bit like England 2018?). Never thought I’d say a crowded pub would turn out to be so depressing. Anyway I’ve applied the audit / CPD cycle and reflected on my rubbish performance & documented my action plan for 2011.

Close second was getting stuck on Benbecula by the ash cloud – on the one beautiful day a year they get there. An hour earlier I had been interviewed by the local press as one of 5 passengers to depart in the same number of days!! Colleagues were stuck in Malta and Hawaii – at least we were all on islands…

For best I have to return to a BA flight LHR-MAD in February during a French ATC strike, which I detailed in another thread about examples of good service. Legendary T3 misery at security, crowded departures, remote stand, delays – then the captain and cabin crew just turned it all round – ref the earlier similar post about a bmi flight – with equally impressive customer service.

Look forward to meeting the regulars and hopefully some more in the new year.

Slainte mhath

Jim

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls