Reply To: Best and Worst Travel Moments – 2010Create Topic

Home Forums Frequent traveller Frequent Traveller Best and Worst Travel Moments – 2010 Reply To: Best and Worst Travel Moments – 2010

Potakas
Participant

First of all, I would like to say that as i joined BT this year i am very grateful for having the chance to ”meet” all of you. Having most of my questions answered and saving a lot of money because of the information i got here. I also learned from some bad experiences how to stay away from problems.

Like others here, my best and worst happened together. As this year i am a student, my money are more valuable than ever. All of my friends and my girlfriend were laughing with me when i had to fly with BA during strikes or through the severe weather on London. My flight on November gave me my Silver card and everyone was ironically asking me what you understood from that or they were saying that i just spend my money and i should going to my home with easyjet or Ryanair.

I missed my connection on Monday and because of my silver status i transferred immediately to the same flight on the next day, BA paid for my expenses and i arrived home with just one day delay. BA proved that i wasn’t spending my money this year for nothing and that the quote ”what you pay is what you will get” is true. I had my check-in in 5 minutes when the queue for economy passengers was unbelievable huge. (they told me, 7-8 hours)

Unfortunately, many of my friends are still in UK, booked for the 26 Dec and that means that they will have Christmas away from home, they are sleeping at the airports or at hotels with their expenses which i don’t believe they will ever get back from Ryanair.

So, the best moment this year was just my boarding on the flight BA632
this week, happy for going home, relaxed on my CE seat with a glass of Pommery and as Disgusted says with some disco effect on board a 767.

Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year!!!

Potakas