Reply To: Best and Worst Travel Moments – 2010Create Topic

Home Forums Frequent traveller Frequent Traveller Best and Worst Travel Moments – 2010 Reply To: Best and Worst Travel Moments – 2010

LuganoPirate
Participant

Fellow flyers and posters, I just thought it would be nice, as the year comes to a close, to relate our best and worst travel experiences this year. Perhaps also give some credit to those hard working crew members who so often make our journeys that bit more enjoyable.

My most memorable moment was the kindness of the Swiss Maitre de Cabine who allowed our youngest son to sleep in the empty first class seat next to my wife. 6 years old he was in Y with his elder brother when he had a bad dream and with the turbulence over central Africa was feeling very nervous. Around 2am he came to the 1st Class section in some distress, and without waking my wife she put my son in the bed, told him to keep quiet and sleep, which he did. We were both very touched by this gesture.

My worst moment was at LCY when I was set upon by HMRC over the cash I was carrying (discussed in another thread). I guess if that was the worse that happened to me, my flying year was thankfully quite uneventful!

Having now comfortably re-qualified for my Senator status, I’m hanging up my wings till January 10th and am looking forward to the latest episode of Dr. Who, the ultimate traveller, on BBC, may I wish you all a wonderful Christmas and festive season and safe and happy travels in 2011.