Reply To: United Airlines no longer allows Star Gold passengers flying economy to board using the fast-track lines at LHR

Back to Forum

andy.hall2
Participant

United’s boarding on long-haul routes can be confusing and/or annoying. First Class, Business Class and 1K members (the top-tier) can board anytime through the red-carpet lane. Premier Executive and Star Alliance Gold are called second (as LAXtrethowd says). However, even though they make this announcement, it doesn’t mean that you can start boarding. These frequent flyers are required to queue in the normal economy boarding area until the red-carpet lane clears. Normal economy class passengers are not called unless a third line exists (in some airports only) until all PE and *G members in the boarding area have entered the queue.

HERE COMES THE IMPORTANT POINT: Any PE or *G member arriving at the gate once the red-carpet lane clears (as in when the PE and *G members are allowed to board), will have to board together with ‘standard’ economy passengers (no priority boarding). I currently don’t have to go through with this as a 1K, but previously as a PE, it sure did annoy me. Why is it that I can board freely with other *A carriers, but not with the airline I am loyal to. It’s something I have never got my head around.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls