Reply To: Obnoxious kids in Business Class

Back to Forum

usainbxl
Participant

Binman, I don’t think we’re disagreeing too much at this point actually. I don’t really support “banning” people, including children, from First Class … although I’m not sure what appropriate consequences would be for parents that fail to be as responsible as yourself with their children.

I wanted to follow up though on your hope for age-appropriate in-flight video and meals… All I can say is good luck! Although I think you deserve it. I can empathize with you on this one though … I’m vegetarian and eat fish, but I never both ordering a vegetarian meal (thankfully, fish is served more frequently reliably in the last few years) because of the “economy meal dumped onto a plate” phenomenon you described. For any health-conscious dinner, adult or child, relying on an airline to do you right is a recipe for disaster unless you pick and choose. I find it amazing though how many people, especially in business class, seem to look forward to that re-headed meal and eat things presented to them that they wouldn’t otherwise touch if they were on the ground!

So, it’s not just the children not getting what they want to eat in F … the rest of us that used to enjoy Krug are suffering too with now cheaper, less differentiated alternatives.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls