Reply To: Stop the Rot

Back to Forum

SimonRowberry
Participant

I agree with MichelAngelo – the cloak of anonymity enables people to say things that they would otherwise (probably) not. I speak as someone who does not hide in that way and is therefore accountable publicly for his views and comments.

I also agree fully with Frequenttraveller09. The other thing we need to keep out of this is party politics. This is particularly important as we approach a General Election in the UK. This Forum could deteriorate rapidly if we continue to allow some individuals – and one in particular – to continue to make snide party political comments (or any party political comments, for that matter).

I have had some excellent advice from many postees over the last year. These have genuinely ‘oiled my travels’ and saved me stress, time and money. That’s what we’re here for – to help each other, not to snipe. Other Forums (Fora?) have different purposes, but this is what I (and I think most others) see to be the purpose of this Forum – to share experience and to help each other in a positive manner.

Thanks F09 for starting a thread that is timely; indeed, overdue. Regards to all, Simon

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls