Reply To: Airbnb used for the first timeCreate Topic

Home Forums Accommodation Hotels Airbnb used for the first time Reply To: Airbnb used for the first time

Charles-P
Participant

Last week Mrs P and I stayed at a property we had booked using Air B&B. It was our first time using the system although our children use it regularly.

Our experience was very positive, the description and photographs were accurate, more so than many hotels I have stayed at and the process very straight forward. The transaction takes place via the Air B&B website so no money changes hands with the property owner. All review are only from real guests who have stayed at the property so no spurious ‘rent a review’ type activity. At the end of the rental we were asked to provide a comprehensive overview some of which the owner sees and other information which they do not, interestingly the owner also rates us – were we good guests, did we leave the place a mess etc so future renters have an idea of the people we are, I liked that.

For short term business trips I’m not sure it’s a viable option but for a longer stay (perhaps a week) it gives a real viable alternative to a hotel as it offers the freedom to live as one would at home. My wife who sometimes accompanies me on longer business trips very much liked this way.