Reply To: Waldorf Astoria New YorkCreate Topic

Home Forums Accommodation Hotels Waldorf Astoria New York Reply To: Waldorf Astoria New York

AspirationalFlyer
Participant

Agreed regarding the breakfast. At check-in I was offered a code for use of the Internet (although the Internet is obviously accessible for free using your HHonors code and PIN if you are a gold or diamond member anyway) and was given two drinks vouchers for a value of up to USD 20 each. I asked about a complementary breakfast but was told this was not offered at this Hilton Group property and that the Starbucks voucher benefit had stopped – the check-in agent remarked that he was embarrassed by this but could recommend some local places for breakfast!

It was not all bad: my complementary champagne (which was part of a package I had booked through BA) arrived within the hour, the housekeeping supervisor paid me a visit within about 10 minutes or arrival to make sure I was happy with the room and I really enjoyed the New York strip steak at the Bull and Bear steakhouse. I enjoyed looking at the various artwork in the hotel – for example, my floor (7th) contains photographic prints of visits to the WA by Ronald Reagan and Elizabeth Taylor.

My travelling companion was given a complementary upgrade and the view of the Chrysler Building was amazing and a great New York experience. Maybe my expectations were set too high – my only recommendation would be to only stay there if you are travelling on a special offer and get a really good price.

Regarding the bar, my recommendation would be Bull and Bear over Peacock Alley – I used both during my stay and generally found the staff to be more engaging and attentive at the former, however, this is obviously just my opinion based on a three day stay.