Reply To: Waldorf Astoria New York

Back to Forum

Hello. I apologize in advance for not being able to help you out, but I can’t help but comment on the Waldorf. When I read your post it brought back fond memories of staying there with my family in the summer of 1989. My mother had stayed there twenty-five years prior to that! I think that we were in unit 1789 (I haven’t got a clue as to how I remember that). It was what they probably call a ‘junior suite’. What impressed me the most about our unit was having a large bathroom window that opened! I remember our entire stay as being excellent, but of course I wasn’t as particular at that age (not yet a high school graduate).

My understanding (from friends and associates) in recent years has been that it does need a refurbishment. In my uninformed opinion (usually I travel to New York only for day trips from Toronto) it seems that there are much better options in midtown at that price point.

Sorry to hear your stay was underwhelming. Perhaps most of the money was spent on the Waldorf Towers??? Just a thought.

Well, enough from me! Best wishes, and have a great summer.

CT

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls