Reply To: Sydney hotel recommendation New Years eve 2013

Back to Forum

RoadKing
Participant

Great input! Yes, I rememeber Mrs Pap and her report, I think that was the final trigger to make us decide to go down under :).

If we are doing Ayer’s, it will be a flight from Sydney, I am not driving in there in the middle of the summer :).

I get a load of warnings about distances, I am getting really curious of what we are going to face. Us coming from Norway are not spoiled with quality roads at all, I am used to main roads that are so narrow you could not pass two trucks at a time, there are frost damage and pot holes. Still I have managed ~700 kms in one day on a motorcycle with the missus hanging on. I think we shall cope if need be.

I have put all these suggested spots on my list and we will come up with some itinerary :).

Train from SYD to MEL was an excellent idea, did not think of that. We have contemplated turning in the rental car when we arrive SYD and pick it up again when we move on to SYD, but you make it sound tempting to use a train instead.

Thanks all 🙂

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls