Reply To: Sydney hotel recommendation New Years eve 2013

Back to Forum

AllOverTheGaff
Participant

Hi RoadKing

I stayed at Quay Grand Suites in Circular Quay and had a one-bed suite overlooking the bridge. Had breakfast a couple of mornings on my own private balcony and was right in the heart of the action, the views were amazing as was the walk around the botanical gardens. I had the assistance of my best friend who is a native of Sydney and his recommendation was spot-on.

Nice large living room, kitchen with washer-dryer, luxurious bedroom, quality linens and an amazing bathroom – even though I didn’t spend loads of time in the apartment, the views, luxury and location were perfect.

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-8779-pullman-quay-grand-sydney-harbour-prev-quay-grand-suites/index.shtml

Behind the scenes tour of Opera House is amazing as is the dinner at Guillaume at Bennelong, their degustation menu with wine pairing is amazing. If you get a nice Scottish waiter, stick him a $20 and he’ll pour more wine than even a fellow Scot can handle….oh the hangover the next morning.

Lastly, something which is a bit different is the Sea Plane tour – spectacular views and landing on the water is a bizarre and frightening experience!

On my bucket-list is Sydney at New Year, said on another thread that I loved Sydney as it took my very much by surprise, hope you have a great time!

Rgds.
AOTG.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls