Reply To: Hotel Security Breach

Back to Forum

skyguy79
Participant

Hey KJ , hope you have had a nice day.

I see all you want is confrontation and aside from you feeling my tone/attitude is wrong and this fast becoming a playground spat, at no point do you feel or make reference to the fact that what happened is wrong. I am therefore giving you a final response as I don’t have the time to keep on explaining myself and going round in circles.

I had asked you to post all your personal details here but you haven’t done that. I wonder why ? If sharing personal information is the norm in your world, what are you afraid of ?

In what way is a service provider’s mistake and subsequent poor response being highlighted tantamount to bullying ?

Reference Data Protection and breaches , here is Brittania Hotels privacy policy, although making reference to online booking, this is the same format followed for hotel guests before,during and after their stay.

http://www.britanniahotels.com/security-privacy/

Here is another great one for Macdonald Hotels
http://www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/randolph/privacypolicy.htm

You ask how redress should be made and I want Brittania to brief their staff on not to give hotel room numbers out willy nilly to the first person that calls up ? They can surely post a response on tripadvisor or send me an email apologising for this whole affair. I asked them not to call me, not to not email me.

Can you imagine, after some sleuthing, you calling up the London hotel of Mr Obama and say ” Hi I’m John Keane, the BT forum dictator ,Can I speak to Obama please ?” and they say ” Yes I’ll put you through, he is in room 300 ?!

Or if someone you really despise ( like me, your virt ual enemy ) calls up your hotel and asks for John Keane and the dizzy receptionist says ” Yes I will put you through to his room which is room 256 ?

All your questions and more have been answered. Now if you have finished slandering me can you answer mine please ?

Do you find it appropriate for a hotel to discuss guest’s personal details to complete strangers ?

Would you like it if, for example, I call a hotel you are staying at and ask for you by name and they volunteer your room number ?

You claim to have read the entire thread, but have you seen the responses I have had from 3 of my contacts in 3 major hotel chains ? And those responses have come from people very high up management , not customer services !

You say that I am aggressive,vulgar,unprofessional,ridiculous etc but can you tell me in a few honest words what I feel for you ?

I will read your reply assuming you can answer me on the above and won’t be replying to any more of your posts.

Have a nice night !

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls