Reply To: Gatwick hotels

Back to Forum

CMBurchhardt
Participant

AIRPORT HOTELS – depends on your definition, but airport hotels within the airport complex can be expensive, sterile and still mean a 20 minute walk from hotel to check in.

Around Gatwick there are many lovely, country style hotels where you can enjoy facilities before and after flights from Gatwick. The only issue is that instead of a 20 minute walk from the hotel to check in, you have a 20 minute taxi ride at £35.00, from hoel to kerb side (but generally, you do miss the M23).

I recognize that it also depends on the time of your flight. Airport complex hotels tend to be favoured by me for early morning flights. But if I have a mid morning flight and the budget permits, I will drive down to the Ashdown Park Hotel, leave my car in their car park (I believe that there is no charge) taxi’s to the airport are or were £35 each way and take 20 minutes. I then enjoy the Ashdowns fabulous facilities which are a lot better than sterlile airport offerings.

Just a thought – all depending on your own definition of an “airport hotel”.

If I am by myself I would tend to use a hotel within th airport complex, but with the wife or girlfriend (I only have 1) I will favour an off airport hotel, except for an early morning departure.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls