Reply To: Where to stay in ThailandCreate Topic

Home Forums Accommodation Hotels Where to stay in Thailand Reply To: Where to stay in Thailand

BKK-man
Participant

Hi Skywards, no problem I was just trying to help others but took exception to being flamed for something I have actually done, 2hrs to Hua Hin.

Marriott and Landmark are both far enough out of the way of Nana, they decent hotels far better managed than any of the Indian Tailor hotels and that is really my only point.

To be fair they have achieved the classic Thai scenario and created hotels that on the surface look quite good but when you stay there you see the owners business ethics show through. Their rates are lower but then they skin you somewhere when you least expect it.

They do operate though in the 2,000 – 3,000 baht rate area and by doing so offer something between the Thai fleapits and higher class franchised hotel chains, which are mostly locally owned but managed by Marriott, Accor group etc.

Good that you warned others about the 11hr hell trip and so others can avoid.

keep up the good suggestions and glad true love got you through !!!

For me my intial suggestions were based on a romantic couple, if it had been 2 lads on a jolly then my suggestions would have reflected these travellers.