Reply To: Hotels in Valencia, Spain – any recommendations?

Back to Forum

SimonRowberry
Participant

I have to go to Valencia early in the New Year. My preferred hotel, the Hilton, appears no longer to be in the chain. This is a great pity as it was one of the better Hiltons in Europe, IMHO, based on my previous experiences.

I’ve tried calling the former Hilton number and no-one picks up. I’ve also tried googling the hotel and the address, but can get no info as to the new operator (assuming there is one).

Anyway, I’m seeking a recommendation for a good 4-star plus or 5-star in Valencia as an alternative. I’ve looked at the Westin (and that’s a possibility). However, I’d like someone a bit more traditional and less “chainy,” at least for part of my stay (I’ll probably end at the Westin for part of the time).

Does anyone have any recommendations – and does anyone know what’s happened to the Hilton?

Many, many thanks.

If I don’t post again before Christmas, please allow me to wish everyone a most enjoyable Christmas and a safe, healthy and prosperous 2011.

Simon

PS Iberia LHR-MAD-VLC return (non-flexible Business Class) for £475. Not bad. BA wanted £700+ for the same. One wonders how this merger is actually manifesting itself in practice. Anyway, that’s perhaps for another thread!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls