Reply To: Priceline: Anyone Else Using It?Create Topic

Home Forums Accommodation Hotels Priceline: Anyone Else Using It? Reply To: Priceline: Anyone Else Using It?

Senator
Participant

VK,

Well said! I used to agree completely with you, and I think it is healthy to approach business travel with the same barging view as personal travel. I always travel in business, even in Europe. I have on numerous occasions suggested to my manager a change of flights to cheaper options such as using BA and LX European business over the more expensive LH options. Furthermore, I suggested using OS with their 15% off on their website which was received well.

However, no good deed goes un-punished! While one should never expect favours to be returned, one should expect some leniency when required. For example, shelling out an extra €200 for a week’s stay to make a hotel top flight status (and all the cards were on the table), allowing an Friday night return rather than Saturday mid-morning has been turned down despite all of the suggestions from yours truly that saved five-fold the requested extra cost. This has turned me slightly cynical to proactively support “barging hunting”. I will continue to look for business barging, and suggest them as if it was my own money. However, if this will be a one-way street, I am not sure if I will be so proactive in my cost control. I am not asking for much, just the flexibility come home on a Friday night rather than Saturday afternoon.