Reply To: W Hotel Istanbul – Pretentiousness as an Art Form, or am I just too Old?Create Topic

Home Forums Accommodation Hotels W Hotel Istanbul – Pretentiousness as an Art Form, or am I just too Old? Reply To: W Hotel Istanbul – Pretentiousness as an Art Form, or am I just too Old?

SimonRowberry
Participant

I’m not at all offended, DTM!

I can understand why you and ChinaTrader loved the place (pools excepted). However, it’s a matter of taste, as I’ve said.

It’s also a matter of providing the core benefit we all buy at any hotel, whatever its style/rating/brand etc. – that of being able to get a good night’s sleep.

The W failed abysmally in meeting this basic requirement, it charged me an extortionate amount of money for my sleep-free night, and it made no offer to make any form of redress. End of story.

Never been in an Abercrombie & Fitch, but I have been in many other designer hotels/stores/restaurants etc and have no problem with ‘trendiness’ in principle, as I’ve said above. Indeed, part of my Company is design-related, so I’d be pretty odd if I was anti-avant garde!

Simon