Reply To: W Hotel Istanbul – Pretentiousness as an Art Form, or am I just too Old?Create Topic

Home Forums Accommodation Hotels W Hotel Istanbul – Pretentiousness as an Art Form, or am I just too Old? Reply To: W Hotel Istanbul – Pretentiousness as an Art Form, or am I just too Old?

VintageKrug
Participant

I stayed at the Ciragan Palace on my last trip to IST:

http://www.lhw.com/ciraganpalace

Superb view over the Bosphorus, though the yellow hotel taxis charged double the normal rate, a/c was dodgy, beds were hard and my (free) breakfast was (still) a rip-off in this Kempinski-managed property.

The best part was the heated infinity pool – sublime, and worth staying there for that alone!

The two Istanbul Four Seasons properties all get top marks, though the new shoreline one next to Ciragan Palace had not yet opened when I last visited.

W is a “lifestyle brand”; it is not aimed at conservative tastes. [oops I mistyped “testes” there originally!]

Starwood hotels always seem to be less expensive when booked via spg.com and be warned they have the annoying habit of not listing the least expensive rate at the top of the listing, as one might reasonably expect.