Reply To: Your hotel strategy; the local versus the chains?

Back to Forum

NTarrant
Participant

I used to go for local hotels up until about ten years ago but like Simon found that sometimes the standard verses price can be uncomparable. I joined Accor Favorite Guest as I spent some time in France, Belgium and Holland and places in the UK i visit had either Ibis or Novotel. Proir to this I used Travel Inn but was disappointed that they did not have a loyalty scheme which convinced me to move to Accor.

When on a few occasions I could not get Accor brands I joined Priorty Club which opened a new world for me. A colleague spoke of how he had enjoyed Hilton, just as a Hilton Gold VIP dropped on my mat, so I tried it and have not looked back, I was amazed at points and BA miles. It happened just as I was having a battle with Accor in getting points credited for a stay in the Sofitel in Dubai which took 11 months to be credited!

I now only have one Accor site I use and my order of preference is Hilton, priority Club, Radisson, Accor then whatever else is available. Certainly the loyal scheme has played a big part in my hotel choices, but when you check in at a hotel I think you like to know what standard the room is going to be and usually if you stick with a choice chain(s) then you know what you are going to get. If things don’t meet expectations usually they are rectified without too much trouble

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls