Reply To: What Makes the Ideal Hotel Bathroom?Create Topic

Home Forums Accommodation Hotels What Makes the Ideal Hotel Bathroom? Reply To: What Makes the Ideal Hotel Bathroom?

beth993
Participant

Funny – first thing I thought of was CLEAN. I worry about all those YouTube videos that show housekeeping using our toothbrushes to clean the toilets, using dirty rags to wipe out glasses then setting them back on the counter, using the same rag they used on the toilet to wipe the remote control…

I want a conscious and caring housekeeping staff who cleans my bathroom the way they clean their own at home… or better.

After that? Good towels. Good lighting. Intelligent shelving inside the bath or shower. Nonslip surface in bath and shower. Decent shower heads. A hotel phone inside the bathroom. Make it easy to hang up my wet towels, I’ll reuse them. I bring all my own sundries, so I don’t care what they put in the bathroom for shampoos and the like.

Personally as a female, I would NEVER use the bathtub in a hotel for a soak. Especially if this same tub is also the shower. I have watched how these things are cleaned and I wouldn’t soak my body in a tub of unknown chemicals, dirt, or other people’s dirty footprints. If I really really really need a hot soak, then i would take great pains to clean the tub myself before soaking in it. My continuing success in business depends on me being healthy. I don’t take unnecessary risks!