Reply To: London and Paris HotelsCreate Topic

Home Forums Accommodation Hotels London and Paris Hotels Reply To: London and Paris Hotels

M.Moose
Participant

Hi, just returned from London and Paris. Our stay at the Sheraton Park Tower and Westin Paris started off badly. I really don’t understand how they can be Category 6 hotels!

Comments such as, “based on your SPG Gold status, we don’t need to upgrade you……”, “we don’t provide kettles because we’re in an old building (that does not have adequate power supply – paraphrased)” – “we don’t have king beds because some people like sleeping on 2 separate beds, so we just join them together” – these are uncalled for in a Cat 6 hotel (even if it’s true).

Despite me alerting the hotel via emails (yes, more than one) – they were not expecting my arrival. My profile says room away from lift, I asked them when they assigned the room – answer was yes, it’s away from the lift. I walk out of the lift – the room is 5 steps away (facing the lift).

Paint in bathroom peeling, toilet seat bad condition, room service that makes the guest answer the phone 2-3 times for a simple request for a bottle of water, etc.

They were in ‘recovery’ mode thereafter – which is not pleasant as it was a very stressful start for my wife and I.

I now understand the reviews on TripAdvisor. I used to think these people were exaggerating – there is some truth in it when you experience the pain yourself.

In the process of engaging with Starwood Hotels global senior executives to provide them with feedback. Hopefully they’ll get their act together.