Reply To: A designer budget hotel in Sheffield?

Back to Forum

VintageKrug
Participant

I don’t stay in Sheffield, but do sometimes end up in regional hellholes and the Hotel du Vin chain is a lovely respite from drab Hilton’s which usually inflict themselves on these smaller towns.

I would suggest your pricepoint is too low for business travellers; the main requirement is a super-duper bed with egyptian cotton sheets and feather pillows. WiFi is vital, and cheap to provide. Air conditioning not essential in Sheffield, but might be sensible.

Really good shower gel, drenching showers and roll rop baths are not much more expensive than their standard equivalents. Top off with oodles of hot water, a decent nearby restaurant and a decent TV with a DVD player (probably an iPod connection for future proofing) and I’d say you could double your planned pricepoint, and have a clear high end positioning which would attract conference and business people during the week and Mr and Mrs Smith types at the weekend.

Having a higher price point will help your cashflow in the early days and when it comes time to sell, will set the value the business higher.

Good luck!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls