Reply To: Hotels tighten loyalty programsCreate Topic

Home Forums Accommodation Hotel loyalty schemes Hotels tighten loyalty programs Reply To: Hotels tighten loyalty programs

AspirationalFlyer
Participant

Regarding Accor platinum status, my experience is that it does facilitate good room upgrades but is otherwise weak.

In the last month I have stayed at the Pullman Munich (where I was given a room upgrade) and the Sofitel Abu Dhabi (where I was given an upgrade to an excellent suite). In both instances my platinum status was cited as the reason for the room upgrade and at the Sofitel I was thanked numerous times for my loyalty. At the Pullman Munich I was also given a complementary drinks voucher and a free jar of snacks but this is not great given my overall spend with this hotel chain! Also, the room upgrades are obviously discretionary and subject to availability.

Particularly annoying is when one has to pay for internet access in a “business hotel” when comparable hotel chain offer internet access for free for high status members (for example, Gold or Platinum status with Hilton).