Reply To: Hotels tighten loyalty programsCreate Topic

Home Forums Accommodation Hotel loyalty schemes Hotels tighten loyalty programs Reply To: Hotels tighten loyalty programs

SwissExPat
Participant

I have been Hilton diamond for 3 years and find the overall program quite good. But…..

I spent last week in London and stayed at 4 HIlton doubletree properties in central London. I was not upgraded in and of the properties. “We are full” was the reply. IN the Victoria property, they even allocated me a room in the old un-refurbished section!!!!

I gave the manager an absolute ear-full !

HIlton in Asia and MENA always seem to give me an excellent room.

Once in Waldorf Astoria in NYC, the hotel told me that there was no exec lounge “because we have usually 200 diamond members every night [there are 1200 rooms] and hence could not have a lounge to accommodate all”. This made me feel really special !!!!

However, I find the redemptions can be quite good BUT only when you use the points plus cash offers. I will be using one next Friday in Prague where we are staying for an extra night following a conference in another hotel. Cash for the room was close to Euro 200, but I used 16,000 points and Euro 39. Hence I could stay at the Hiton Old Town Prague for reasonable money [not E200] Though to treat ourselves on my Birthday!!!