Reply To: Hotels tighten loyalty programsCreate Topic

Home Forums Accommodation Hotel loyalty schemes Hotels tighten loyalty programs Reply To: Hotels tighten loyalty programs

Papillion53
Participant

MS – I always had my favourites! Reservations and the front desk have theirs too, but usually any goodwill upgrades etc come from the Front Desk manager or GM. – You would have no idea what sort of comments are in your guest profile! ;-)!!!

At one hotel we had a few airline crew contracts and we would regularly take the over-nighting cabin crew and flight deck out – we would have supper first in the hotel and then go ten pin bowling or to the golf range. (Bearing in mind the bottle to throttle rule!) We would also invite some of our other regulars and believe me, it always went down well. I worked on the basis that most business guests are there because they have to be, not through choice and it was in our business interests to ensure good relationships with our guests to keep their business. After all, people get fed up staying in the same place, week after week, and rival hotels are always after the your good contracts!

Simple things like a bottle of champagne given on check-out to wet a new born’s head when the over-nighting pilot (new grand-dad!) got home, or ensuring plenty of decaf coffee sachets in a regular’s bedroom, or dropping a guest off at his office which wasn’t really on the way the airport shuttle took, but saved this guest the hassle of a taxi every morning – and the best of all – being invited to have a drink with me!!! LOL! 😉

Of course, these were the days before the points loyalty systems as we know today, but I do believe they are still valid and create great goodwill with the guest.

I have fond memories of trying to take a group of bookers (all girls) to AMS on a familiarisation visit with KLM and it being aborted due to weather. The group migrated to several drinking establishments in town but I think one swot went back to the office!

Long story short, the next day one of said drinkers, eh I mean bookers phoned me frantically asking me to go round to her office immediately. Oh lordy, what have I done now! Rushed round to be dragged into her office and she then proceeded to show me what a tipsy afternoon trawling the downtown bars can lead to – a 10″ high tattoo of Winnie the Pooh with a bunch of balloons in full Technicolor on her thigh! When I had stopped laughing, which did take some time, I eventually managed to ask – why??? And you can’t possibly blame me for this!! This girl was no spring chicken btw!

Probably just as well we didn’t get to AMS!!!