Reply To: Security alert in Brussels, restrictions at airportCreate Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Airports Security alert in Brussels, restrictions at airport Reply To: Security alert in Brussels, restrictions at airport

dutchyankee
Participant

I am not sure I agree with the entire premise of the Media not reporting the atrocities in other locations. The bombing of the MetroJet Airliner was headline news for near on two weeks. The atrocities in Paris of course knocked this story off the headlines, but any additional information was reported when received, such as when VVP finally agreed it was a bomb that brought the plane down. The situation in Mali was tougher as no international journalists of note were present but I see CNN and BBC have sent reporters in Bamako, and since then , the situation has been reported on continually. All the events be it Paris, Brussels, two AF plane diversions, Mali, a TK plane diversion have been reported on under the overall header of the Paris attacks, but I think we can all say that the attacks in Paris receive a stronger reaction as these attacks are directly against the west, and are therefore more relevant to western media. Living in Russia, I can assure you the news on Paris is no where near as expansive as that of MetroJet nor of the recent visit of VVP to Iran. Paris and Brussels take a back seat to that news, so the bias is likewise regional.