Reply To: Overpriced Airport Parking ChargesCreate Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Airports Overpriced Airport Parking Charges Reply To: Overpriced Airport Parking Charges

stevescoots
Participant

I use purple parking for LHR meet and greet and return. Usually 90-120 quid for a 2-3 week stay, it’s been about that rate for 2 years.

the odd occasion I use the train I park at Peterborough, the main station short stay works out to about £18 for 5 hours, the shopping mall multi-storey less than 100 meters away is half that, and more secure!

Just to add, in my hometown the council charge anywhere from 1.20 to 2.40 an hour. 8am to 9pm. M-S, and 5.00 Sunday. The NCP ones that are right next door to them have a flat rate of £3,00 all day, free after 8pm and free on Sunday. Guess which ones get used. Oh and the NCP ones have attendants for security as well. Right in the town centre our courthouse was closed and there used to be a county council carpark pay and display. With it closed they took the machine out. The cheeky **** local council put a bunch of road closed signs at the entrance but could not block it as there are several solicitors with their own carparks there, to deter people using it for free…because they have their own rip off car park opposite. Rant over