Reply To: Overpriced Airport Parking Charges

Back to Forum

DavidFitz
Participant

Is it just me, or do others feel we are being ripped off by airport parking charges.
As a regular traveller, I have found my daily parking charge has increased more than 30% within the past year, due to a new booking in advance parking system online. This works okay when you can book months in advance perhaps for your annual holiday, but like me having to book flights often within 3-4 weeks before travel is having a very negative effect regarding my travel allowance, to a point that I’m having to travel from other airports. I never thought I would see the day when airport parking cost more than the flight. Surely we shouldn’t be expected to pay any more than city centre car parking charges.
I fear airports have a very challenging future, and need us regular travellers, surely as a community we should be getting together to voice our opinion. I have already voiced my opinion with management of my local airport and the reply was very uncaring, no respect or loyalty and this has been the case for my colleagues.
I fear price fixing is becoming the norm, for example taxi from my house to the airport is often the same price as parking at the airport, nor do I live in a town centre, with regular public transport to the airport, not do I choose flights that it would even be possible to use public transport.
I’m interested to hear how other travellers get around this problem.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls