Reply To: Which airports should be completely demolished and rebuilt?

Back to Forum

seasonedtraveller
Participant

In the UK, LBA get’s my vote.

It was never designed to cope with the traffic flow that both Ryanair and Jet2 have brought & even the most recent expansion hasn’t helped. At peak times, people are seated on the floor.

It’s now a minimum £3.00 charge to drop off…… My company taxi went to 39 mins in the car park when my flight was recently delayed & had to pay £40.00 before he could leave.

There is a single lounge for all, although it is split into 2 areas, it’s still full of the Malaga brigade swilling as much ale as they can, at 7am – as a result of this, the toilet facilities are completely inadequate.

There is no rail link & bus links only from the town centre (unless you happen to live along the route). Parking onsite is ridiculously expensive & the 3 alternative car parks (alleged) collude on price to keep it high. The mini busses that drop people from the offsite car parks are charged a whopping £7.00 per visit whether there’s 10 pax or just 1…..

On the plus side, it’s the closest airport to home…..

Rant now over 😉

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls