Reply To: Which airports should be completely demolished and rebuilt?Create Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Airports Which airports should be completely demolished and rebuilt? Reply To: Which airports should be completely demolished and rebuilt?

MrDarwin
Participant

I can’t help but think… what are we asking for here? We’d like super hub airports that fly to hundreds or thousands of destinations, offering flexible scheduling through multiple daily flights…. from an airport with just a quick, convenient short stroll from security to gates, security to lounge, lounge to gates, gates to gates for transfers. With optional/less shopping.

The only way I could see that physically being achieved is a multistorey airport with higher airport fees to counter the reduction in retail revenue. Travel has changed, traveller demand is driving bigger airports and the bigger the airport, usually, the greater the inconvenience/distance to walk between airport rituals.

I personally don’t mind the shopping-run after security thing, it traps more people in there which means less people in the terminal/lounge.