Reply To: Which airports should be completely demolished and rebuilt?Create Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Airports Which airports should be completely demolished and rebuilt? Reply To: Which airports should be completely demolished and rebuilt?

Markyah
Participant

I had the misfortune of travelling through Edinburgh yesterday. The security area is now at the far end of the upper floor accessed through the food and beverages area with the resultant bottleneck an inevitable consequence.

The security area itself involves the new method of queuing to put your liqds, laptops etc in trays. You not only queue to get into the tray area but then queue to get to the single conveyor belt once there. As is often the case a large section of the security area remained closed.

Once through this you are forced to walk through a narrow duty free shopping arcade which doubles back on itself i.e doubles its length and incnvenience. I cannot stress how much I object to these arrangements which exist at many UK airports. I just want to get to the lounge or gate, if I want to shop I will do so but I do not expect to be forced into a shop.

This is a new development solution at Edinburgh so whilst you are correct that the airport does not need demolishing but reorganising I fear that this is the outcome of the reorganisation. I would prefer the demolition option!