Reply To: Which airports should be completely demolished and rebuilt?

Back to Forum

Bath_VIP
Participant

By this I am referring to airports whose fundamental design and layout makes them a joke and/or a right pain in the backside despite the best efforts of staff.

Step forward Leeds/Bradford airport! The occasional flights through LBA in the past have not been pleasant and my flight from LBA to SOU this week was no exception. The problem all stems from the shape of the terminal which is a long thin semi-circle. As a result there is no forward flow of passengers from front to back, instead all flow is side to side. To cap it all you have to go up and down as well so the final insult of making you traipse through a giant duty free shop (like so many British airports) just makes you want to give up.

I should point out that the airport staff were very good and cheerful and handled the delay with my flight very well. The expanded Yorkshire lounge came into its own here. But these staff have to work in a system that is not fit for purpose.

A year ago, my number 2 would have been Bristol but the recent developments that have just opened have stayed my hand for now.

So go on, which other airports should join LBA?

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls