Reply To: Bangkok International airport

Back to Forum

IanFromHKG
Participant

I also agree that BKK airport is terrible. The shopping areas are very nice, and fortunately I normally travel J so can use the Premium Lane, and even if I’m not I have an APEC business travel card so still get to use the Premium Lane! However, the miles and miles one always has to walk down dreary corridors with lots of bare concrete really takes the fun out of the experience (transiting, especially between international and domestic, is a particular nightmare), and every lounge I have been into there is pretty poor (although I will admit to a soft spot for the PG lounge – you have to love a lounge that is accessible to economy passengers, even if it is a bit poor by busines class standards!). The only time I went to the THAI J lounge I was horrified at how bad it was – I really can’t understand the good reviews I have seen of it. To cap it all, now that BA have abandoned their lounge, there isn’t a single oneworld-operated F lounge in the place, which seems astonishing. Let us hope that the new CX lounge is an improvement on the current offering (the QF lounge is the best of the bunch, but it can get very crowded at certain times)

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls