Reply To: Bangkok International airportCreate Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Airports Bangkok International airport Reply To: Bangkok International airport

K1ngston
Participant

I noticed when I was ploughing through the BBC I player that there is a programme on at the moment about Bangkok International Airport where they call it the airport of smiles … God knows how! I would like to nominate it for the literally one of the worst airports in Asia and potentially the world.

I had the misfortune to have to fly Thai today, a quick dash from BKK to PNH and for the 55 minutes I would fly Thai albeit I don’t have any status on Star Alliance!

This morning at 6am there was queues outside the door almost and 3 people on the ticket desks WTF is all that about, so got my ticket at 6.50am I then went to security which was 15 mins, and then passport control to leave the country is a minimum of 2-3 minutes per person which also took 25 minutes, this is the 21st century why tell me does it take so long to go through, and then a mish mash of shops walking directly to the gate to get on my flight due for take off at 7.50am a full 2 hours to get to the gate!

The whole process in Singapore would have taken about 5-6 minutes here took 2 hours from the point of arriving to passing through immigration. So I am changing the name from Airport of Smiles to Airport of Miles and miles of unhappy queuing people a badly managed and thought out disaster…

You want more people you have got to do something about the airport a disgrace