Reply To: Minimum connection times – a question

Back to Forum

MrDarwin
Participant

Flying from CDG to Boston once via AMS with KLM/Northwest, the first flight was delayed by 1.5 hours. I was seated about half way down the plane so it took a little while to disembark. I sprinted down the walkways, taking no prisoners, towards my gate which was in another ‘wing’ of AMS. About halfway there I stopped at a transfer desk and asked if I was going to make it, and they said the flight had just closed.

At first they refused to rebook me as they said other people from the same flight had made the connection. I was totally out of breath and sweaty so it was clear I had made a valiant attempt at making the flight. I’ve no idea if or how others made it. They then said all they could do was fly me to JFK and asked if my friend in Boston would drive down to collect me. On Christmas Eve. Errr… no. After about 30 minutes of deliberations they finally caved and put me on an AA flight via Heathrow (and kindly forgot to load my bag).

I’ve flown with KLM many times and have always found them to have a kind and professional service with this episode being the one exception.

Rules and regulations aside, sometimes it all depends on whose shift it is on that day at that time.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls